The Residence of British Kings & Queens for over 900 YearsWindsorCastle.co.uk
Windsor Castle is open to visitors daily, but times may be subject to change
Windsor Castle is open to visitors all year round. Please make a note of final admission times on the day of your visit as entrance to the state departments closes 30 minutes after this time. Windsor Castle is a working entity and therefore may need to close areas as required.
Visitors are advised to book their tickets in advance as the admissions centre can get extremely busy throughout the morning. Hoardings may be seen along the visitor route, this is for visitor’s protection whilst improvement projects are underway.
Up to 31st October 2019 Last admission is 4pm and the castle closes at 5:15pm
From 1st November 2019 Last admission is 3pm and the castle closes at 4:15pm
- On the 3rd of July 7th September 2nd & 3rd October 2019 the last admission is 3pm the castle will close at 4pm.
- 25th & 26th December 2019 Castle completely closed
- In 2019 the Semi-State Rooms will re-open on the 28th September until Spring but close when the State Apartments are closed.
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House is currently closed.
- St George’s Chapel closes at 4pm.